Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Turkey Warrior


Thursday is Thanksgiving here in the USA. It is a day we give thanks. Thankful that we can be with friends and family, eat to much food, and go to sleep at 4pm. We are even more thankful, because when the pilgrims first settled here, they had to fight a great war against giant turkeys. Lucky for us they won. It was hard, but if some of the pilgrims hadn't been able to tame and domesticate some of the turkeys, all would have been lost. Since that time, it was discovered the turkeys were quite delicious, so we don't use them in turkey jousts anymore. Here are some videos reenacting some of the turkey battles.
The Battle of Gravy Boat Lake
Turkeys can be dangerous!


The End.
_______________
I went to a Q and A screening of "Ratatouille" the other night. This quote was funny:
"Brad Bird with Pixar is like playing "Doom" in God Mode."
-Patton Oswalt

***Kittaes!***

19 comments:

Alexei Martins said...

Haha!!WoW!!That's so cool!!!!

cheers!:)

Chris Battle said...

Makes me think of days spent in arcades playing "Joust" :)

Megan Ferguson said...

I'd eat that turkey , it looks colorful and delicious , like a burst of talent on my pallet !

I would put its rider in the fridge and save it for a sandwich the next day

Anonymous said...

turkey jousting is a lost art. what a shame...

Jeffrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeffrey said...

It's amazing that those videos survived from pilgrim times.

Also this q & a screening intrigues me. Elaborate!

iced-coffee said...

xD That is so adorable! I'm a big fan of your work, btw. <33 Your style is always full of life and colors! :)

Zorilita - Mary Bellamy said...

That's an adorable turkey knight =)! Very nice colors.

John Guy said...

Joust is one of the greatest games EVER. I always thought those were Ostriches they were riding. Anyway, the drawing is sweet and it makes me want to ride a turkey into battle.

Ken said...

wow this is superb! love it!

And thanks for your short history of Thanksgiving... Now I know!

Tim Bye said...

Haha Great work!

Alan said...

That is one great turkey.... but could it beat a Chocobo in a jousting contest?

Meesimo said...

Two words:
Awe Some!

Anonymous said...

I love it I love it I love it! :D And your chickens, below. Sweeeet.

BTW turkies are MEAN. In Massachusetts they'd sometimes have street parties. If you tried to get them to move, you'd rue that day.

Unknown said...

I love your work very colorful and fun!!

Rogelio T. said...

Turkey stole her soul.
Now she must carry a musket-stuffer.

Martin Wittig said...

Haahahhah GREAT!!:)

Joe Karg said...

What a pretty blog. Great images. I especially like this Thanksgiving one. The attitude of the girl is priceless.

Peace,
Joe

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Nice blog.
Have a Holy Christmas.
Hug from Portugal