Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Abalone Homey


Otter for a co-worker who requested it. He is holding an abalone (which is also called a "Geoduck" me thinks, pronounced "gooey-duck". Go

  • here
  • for a disgusting photo.)


    When I was in 4th grade there was play that every child in Washington State had to be involved with. It was for the centenial and was called "Washington for Me". I got to be the Geoduck girl and dance around with a bucket, and big straw hat. It was cool. The song went:
    "Gooey duck, gooey duck, get a gooey duck,
    get a duck, get a gooey duck,
    Give a duck a day..."
    Which sounds rather offensive now that I'm older. (I just found the song, the scary thing is, I got the words right after all these years.
  • Official Geoduck Song

  • The apple IIgs game "The Oregon Trail" came up at work also. I did not realize it was such a widely played game at schools during the late 80's early 90's. We had to have five or six kids per computer it seemed. An explanation here for anyone who doesn't know.
  • The Oregon Trail
  • That game was the shiznit. Speaking of shiznit, two more blogs have appeared.
  • Mary Hoffman
  • .


    Another of note:(may not be safe for childrens and puppies)
  • Dan Mendoza
  • 2 comments:

    Boogervampire said...

    Dan's blog is not safe for human eyes. :)
    Also, every child in EASTERN Washington had to sing that song, not private school kids in WESTERN Washington. (Wow, that sounded really stuck up.)
    And finally, Oregon Trail was a bogus game cause I always died in the Freakin' mountains from starvation. They should have made cannibalisim possible in that game, cause I would have totally made it to Oregon.

    PotatoFarmGirl said...

    I remember everyone kept drowning everytime we had to cross the Columbia or Snake rivers. Skill doesn't seem to affect the out come of the Oregon Trail.