Monday, July 19, 2010

Nerding out like usual

Comic KHAAANNN!!!


I'll be there Saturday and Sunday, floating around.

I was on a panel about trying to work in tv animation at the 2010 Anime Expo in Los Angeles. Here is a section of the panel:

(Sorry about the weird commercial, I don't know how to circumvent that. )
Crazy! Part 2 is up! :O

The people on the panel were Will Feng, Lori Lane, me, Jay Olivia, Valerie Fletcher, Alan Wan, Irineo Maramba, and George Krstic. It was alot of fun, and thank you to those who could make it. Met alot of nice people!


My birthday was last weekend! My friends drew me things, and my friend Lori bound them into a book! Look! These are AWESOME!!! THANK YOUUUUU!!!!


Anna Chambers

Carlos Martinez-Flores

Christine Nockels

Claire Lenth

Luke Weber

Dan Riba

Dave Sherburne

Frank Peak

Glen Murakami

Lori Lane

Mary Hoffman

Nora Berden

Thomas Perkins

Roger Oda

Valerie Fletcher

Matt Youngberg

8 comments:

DarylT said...

Very informative video. Thanks for posting it. Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Awesome two part video recap of the panel! Too bad I missed out on it IRL... Hope you had fun at AX! I sure did *w*;

Awesome bday sketches; Know that people love and care about you. I think a birthday is a super fun "holiday" to celebrate!!

Enjoy the weekend at Comic Con! I'll be there Friday only, so maybe next time I'll see you :)

Zoran Taylor said...

The first question of the Q&A was so insulting I couldn't even watch the rest of it.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

? The question about how everyone got started in animation? I'm not quite sure what you mean?

Zoran Taylor said...

No, from part 2: "I can't draw, but I wanna boss around people who can. Can you make up a good excuse why I should do that so I don't have to go to the effort of either learning to draw or considering another career choice?"

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Oh yeah, that was awkward. I didn't get to talk to her, but I would have told her that she does need some drawing ability if you want to direct in animation. I did have a nice talk with a couple of people after the panel, so it was worth going for that. :)

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Oh and just as a note, in the Q and A when they are talking about hiring the security guard that worked at the studio, that dude can DRAW super well!

damon said...

cute stuff!!