Sunday, November 02, 2008

Montecito Anime Art Expo

I got invited to have a table/booth thing at the first "Montecito Anime Art Expo".
Here is the place and time:
Montecito Fine Arts Arcadia Children Center - 524 S.1st Ave Arcadia, CA 91006
1pm to 9pm on both Saturday November 8th & Sunday November 9th


Since this happened so quickly, I probably won't be selling anything, but I'm supposed to bring original art to hang and my current portfolio. I'll see if I can get some sort of freebies made, and maybe I'll have some post its on hand to sketch too. I know there will be other artists there, don't know who yet, so if you have nothing to do this weekend, stop by. My social skills are pretty poor, so this should be interesting. Don't be suprised when you find out I'm actually an ugly monster. 'Cause I am.

Today my name was "BREAM". I got "Bean" once. It was awesome.

Here is a horrible drawing that is old, because I have nothing to post that isn't related to legal things. They could take my kidneys. That would suck.

8 comments:

David de Rooij said...

Why horrible? I like it! Does that mean I have horrible taste?

Unknown said...

It's a lovely drawing!! No horrible at all!

Jeffrey said...

Legal things??? That's a good drawing!

Also I live around thar. Maybe I can stop in for a visit!

craigp said...

Brianne, i've seen proof you're not an ugly monster! my good friend Joe Game interned for Class of 3000 a couple of summers ago and took a bunch of little movies of all the staff to eventually make into a documentary. he was talking to you and held the camera at his side as if it was off. you were saying something about your cat and imitating some funny noises he was made. it was really sweet. you're very very cute. don't put yourself down.
i hope i didn't come across as weird or intrusive, just didn't think you were being fair to yourself.
social skills are over rated.
i see if i can get the clip from him :p

LFW said...

awww, someone who draws as well as you can't be THAT ugly. Though artists in general lack in the grooming dept, that includes myself.

This is a brilliant drawing btw, good luck at the art expo, give us a big old report about it afterwards

Claire Lenth said...

craigp:
I want to see that. I make my boyfriend talk to Little Joe.


Once, Starbucks decided I was Cher.

I want to see psycho-pretty-hearts-project! Is it ok? Did it die? Is it sick? Did Skippy EAT IT?!?! I hope it does not give him gas. That would be bad for you.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

David- It is horrible, because I did not draw her feet. Her neck is also coming out of a weird spot on her head. That does not make you horrible though.
Jeff- Stop by if you can, I will try not to be in a Halloween candy stupor this time.
CraigP- Joe and his spy camera! I talk about my cat alot, because he is funny.
LFW- I will bring my camera for some anime nerd fun!
Claire- It did not die, but I have a deadline this Thursday for freelance!! Skippy is once again not helping.

Destiny Wood said...

Hi Brianne, so Cleo told me and Kendelle that we live across the street from you! Do you live on Scrennland?