Saturday, April 24, 2010

Five year post!

I randomly noticed yesterday that my blog is five years old today. It seems like the past five years have gone by fast, but this blog makes me realize how many things have happened in those five years. I started it when I was working my first in-house animation job, with people who already had years of experience. I have had close friends drift away, and gotten to know others like family, watch them get married, have babies, and have met wonderful people online in person. The blog was mostly started to keep my family up to date with daily going-ons, and to start being more open about my artwork. Also, it makes me feel old. Yay! Who knows where we will all be in five years, probably in good places and spirits!


So I had to draw a horsey thing for something at work. Which led to the desire to draw a pegasus for fun.


The next two images were ones I was saving for an upcoming sketchbook app, but since they were drawn on small post-its I'm worried they might look really bad for zooming in. So here's some stuff that's been hoarded for awhile.
The bunny is actually from 2009, when I was on "Brave and the Bold".


______________
Super special secret add on!!! I was going to wait a couple of weeks to announce this, but the press release is already online.
Won't you be a friend of Immedium to keep up with the updates? :D (click it already!!)

14 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad you decided to share your art with everyone! Your updates make me happy and inspired! The second post-it is my favorite one on this post...what a cute and genius outfit design! ^u^

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Katie you must have blogger radar! You're super fast!!! I think I was listening to the japanese pop group Perfume when I drew the bunny girl, it'd be really fun to animate her dress! Multiple layers and folds swinging around. XD

Chris Battle said...

Happy Blogversary! Sophie will learn how to drawn unicorns thanks to you! (an probably Lauren, too)

Lesley Vamos said...

Happy 5th birthday ^_^

I love the Pegasus image - The look on his face is the epitomy of how hapoy I'd be if I could fly ^_^

I also love the bottom image - the colours and design all fit together perfectly!

Can't wait to see what you come up with in the next five years! :)

LFW said...

Oh man, these are great, like unico, your drawings bring happiness to my heart everytime I see them, they are the epitome of optomism.

bunny girl looks amazing, and pegasus looks so damn glad that it is flying in the sky, I like the last girl's hat a lot, I wish I could draw as well as you you brianne.

when you showed me your sketchbook, I thought "this should be a printed book" you should do it, I definitely know that a lot of people would buy it (you could make a killing).

cheers to you and your awsome talent, keep it up

your pal

-LFW

Pirate Trish said...

I own quite a few sketchbook apps and even postits look good on it - all the drawings here are so fun though!! The Pegasus is great and it gives me that old serendipity feeling - joy!

Kali Fontecchio said...

Happy Blog Bday!!!

I looove that bottom one, the hat cracks me up!


Five years of AWESOME! <3

damon said...

love you stuff

here is to 5 more years!!

Kt Shy said...

Yaaay happy blogaversary to you! I'm so happy you've been sharing your art with the web, whenever I feel down and in need of some pretty and nutritious eye candy I head straight here! :D Thank you!

Valerie said...

Cute drawings! The Pegasus is too adorable. :D

Alan said...

Congrats! You gain 500 xp and 250 gil for lasting this long.

Brian S. said...

Nice pegasus! btw I saw "Chill of the Night" (Batman), and saw a familiar name in the storyboard credits. Having seen it, I can only imagine that had to be THE episode to work on!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Battle- 2011 is the year of the unicorn!

Lesley- Thank you! It's good to see that you are busy too!

LFW- Phhhhh!! This coming from the guy who's got barbarians and robots having epic battles in his sketchboook.

Pirate Trish- Thanks! I rescanned the last post-it in at 600 dpi and it's the perfect size now. :D

Kali- Thanks!

Damon- Yes, in five years I wonder what will replace blogs?

KT, Valerie, Alan- Thanks!

Brian S.- Ha! I actually turned that board in the morning I drove down for Comic Con '10! The other thing that was crazy is I randomly drew Zatanna a week before getting the script (I didn't know she was going to be in the teaser). I got to sit in on the audio record for that ep, which was awesome! I learned alot on that show! Michael Chang was my director, and LeSean Thomas was the other board artist. Cool peoples!

M said...

Beautiful drawing.