Saturday, May 01, 2010

Billie the Unicorn


"Billie the Unicorn" is a book I've been working on the last few years. It's 33 pages of unicorns, flowers, corn, bees, and some other stuff all drawn in old-school marker on animation paper.
It'll be out in Spring of 2011, and will be published by Immedium. I'm super excited that it's actually happening, it's been tough finding a subject that I'd want to illustrate for 33 pages. Billie was originally created for "The Unicorn Show" at Gallery Nucleus back in 2006, and I never felt that Billie and her cousins should be stuck on those solitary post-its forever. She's changed a lot over the years, and her story is one I think alot of artists migrating away from their comfort zones will relate too. There's also a bit of hodge podge from my senior film in college, and I'm hoping to do a little animation with Billie eventually. Depends on how full time work goes. So in the meantime, if anyone is interested in updates, please join the Billie page on Facebook. I promise not to spam too much.

My publisher is also being very supportive, so please check them out and their awesome books!



It's available for pre-order on Amazon.


^u^
*****
This is post 333, dun dun dun!!

14 comments:

LFW said...

OMG IT'S BILLIE!!!! hahaha

congrats bri, I can't wait to read about billie's great adventures

cheers to you

-lfw

Lesley Vamos said...

Awesome Brianne!! I can't wait for this book to come out, its going straight into my collection ^_^

Katie said...

Same here, I can't wait to get a copy! This is so cool...I would have gone CRAZY over a book like this as a kid! I think your drawings make people happy!

Eddie Perkins said...

That looks great! I want one.

Louise Smythe said...

this is so cute! i always love your colors and characters. fantastic job!

Claire said...

Wonderful! I'll be keeping my eye out for it (only one, though, or I'll start bumping into stuff)

Kali Fontecchio said...

I'll definitely pick one up :D :D :D

Chris Battle said...

YESYESYESYESYESYESYES

.... yes.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Thanks guys! Sorry it's not going to be out for another year, but it's already listed on Amazon and other book selling sites for preorder, so thought I should say something! It's been pretty fun to work on.

Katie- I remembered how hard it was to find any stories involving unicorns as main characters when I was little, so that did influence the subject matter for my book. I was really into the Serendipity books because of that!

Katie said...

Oh!! I was totally gonna ask you if you were into those Serendipity books as a kid! I LOOOOOOVED those!! I just recently bought some for my little niece...they're reprinting them, but unfortunately none of the ones that were my favorites....

Alexiev said...

Good book... Beatifull style...


Best wishes from Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar

Proyectos - Illustrations

Alexiev Store - venta de originales

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Katie- I don't know how many of the old ones I have left, but I got a small hard bound anthology a while back. My friend Valerie has fanart of "Crickle Crack", the one about the squirrel addicted to crack.
Did you ever see the Serendipity anime that came out in the 80's? It had a mermaid in it!

Unknown said...

Yay. I'm a "fan" …and a real FAN!

I should do a page for one of my characters...

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Awesome! Thank you! I think the good thing with the fan page is I don't have to spam people with my regular account as much, and all the information about Billie is in one place. :) I recommend it!