Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Avenger Time Summer Time!


Happy Summertime!
I'm going to be at the Los Angeles Anime Expo this Saturday on a panel. The subject is working in american TV animation. Come by if you need a rest and want to learn about not sleeping.




July 2nd
Time: 5pm
Room: WS 2

"Getting into the Animation Industry"

Will Feng- Production Manager Thundercats
George Krstic- Creator, Writer Megas XLR, Motor City
Brianne Drouhard- Character Designer Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, Avengers
Alan Wan- Director, Storyboard Artist (on too many shows)
Mark Fujita- Assistant production manager Green Lantern CG series







(posted for Tara before I ruin the sketch on the left)

Thank you again for everyone who came out to Stuart's this past weekend or ordered a book online! Stuart Ng's bookstore is a must stop for anyone interested in art and illustration!





So "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes", or "Avenger's Heroes", or whatever it's called now started airing again. Here are some models I drew under the cut, for spoilers. I had the chance to draw a ton of models for season two. This is just the first of it.
Serpent Society. They are a society of people serpents. They are very fancy!


Malekith. During the many sleepless nights and late hours last spring, I had devised a buddy comedy show with Malekith and Anaconda. Maybe someday I will draw it. It was going to be called "The Malekith & Magic Raptor Pancake Hour". All Malekith wants to do is sleep in his cave on top of the Casket of Ancient Winters. It would sell a million toys and t-shirts.
Malekith is angry about something again. What else is new?

Bro Elves just hanging out, killing Orcs and stuff.

Pegasus, this model is what caused me to draw this. I have wing poses somewhere, but looks like the studio overseas didn't follow them anyway. :/
Jörmungandr, the snake monster that's going to eat Thor someday. *NOM* *NOM*
Karnilla being evil and a lady.

Karnilla turned to stone, special pose, from the storyboard. Cleaning it up and putting it on model.

9 comments:

Chris Battle said...

This post us full of AWESOME!!!

Betty said...

I love your work and those model sheets!!! Amazing work!

Deleted said...

Yay! I'm going to AX! I'm definitely going to look for you there! :D

geenpool said...

your stuff is totally RAD!

Bruno Tedesco said...

I really like your drawing style!

DumDumPop said...

Hey I really like your work and I was curious, what kind of colors do you use? I'm aware you use prismacolors and Tria markers, but how do you get such nice colors to blend in like that? They look so gorgeous. Do you use Copics too?

Deleted said...

I'm the one who won your goody bag! It was super awesome getting to meet you and your friends. I still can't believe I beat the whole room at rock-paper-scissors. Afterward, when I told my friend she challenged me to a game and I lost the first time. She said "Ok! It's all mine now!" I was like "Yeah right."

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Thanks guys!

DumDumPop- I do use Copics. I'm hoping to have time to do another breakdown of what materials I use in August. :)

Miremture- It was really nice meeting you, and very happy the book went to a good home! You're a rock, paper, scissors ninja!!

Unknown said...

wonderful... where are the others model sheets of avengers??