Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Baby Stories for Old People

Baby story #1.

My brother recently moved into a new apartment. He went to the Seattle Ikea, and said there was a wee child pushing a cart. The wee child was transporting a load in his pants while pushing a cart and there was no way around him. My brother was forced to walk slowly behind the small child. Now he has artwork for his new apartment. I hope it goes in the bathroom.

Baby story #2. (ha ha.... #2....)
Last night, this wee little one was in the seat behind me. He had three other brothers, none that had volume control. His parents were with them, and I know it must be hard to raise alot of boys at once, but the parents had no noise control either. This drawing isn't exaggerated enough.
He was shrieking "PURPLE!", "CRACKAHS!", and many other words for the two hour flight. Other passengers had the stewardess bring ear plugs. Drawing the monster baby was better for me. I've never been on a flight were people clapped when they got off. The weird part of the story was that Chris Kattan was sitting one seat away from me on the flight. I didn't realize it was him until my friend picked me up from the airport and said "Hey, that's Chris Kattan." Maybe he will use this demon baby in a future skit. I hope so, that family was insane.

Baby Story #3.
A baby I know is turning one tonight! She is a good baby too! Happy Birthday Sweet Pea! Don't marry these babies in the future!

14 comments:

Jeffrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeffrey said...

Look at em work that cracker! He's gumming it up pretty fierce!

Happy New Year to you Brianne, and lets hope for a bright and shiny chrome plated 2008.

Hesbell said...

Ahh that's too funny!

Happy neeeeew year, I wish you happy-ness and motivation!

chia said...

what's wrong with those parents?! don't they know that babies fit easily in the overhead compartments?

Unknown said...

that baby on top is too funny! i've been n flights with very loud babies aswell and they are never pleasant. happy new year!

Boogervampire said...

AAAhhh! The only thing better, as I've said, than these charactures of plane babies. . . is the crazy Steelers fan from Super Bowl 2 years ago. :D

Actually, wait. . . no the baby is better. ;)

Happy B-Day Avalon!

William Bradford said...

I've got a little cousin at that stage, to. Love the forest deer painting below, too. very cute.

Sam Nielson said...

This is why I want them to design sound-proof, airtight plexiglass bubbles to fit over plane seats (oxygen would, of course, be pumped in). A similar backseat design would be useful for when I'm driving my kids somewhere.
Also, a hamster-ball version for kids on the go.

Very descriptive and funny drawings!

Chris E. said...

Wow! I hate those types. I applaud cartoonists like you with your wonderful sense of humor.

Chogrin said...

~that baby is awesome!~

^_^

chris chua said...

awesome...I love observations like this. Great drawings too:)

Valerie said...

i have to say bri, those babies are probably my favorite drawings of yours ever. I do love them so.

Kyri Kyprianou said...

I agree with Valerie, great sketch page. The aeroplane seat is very well captured too. Looks comfy.

Carrie said...

We had a child like that on our last flight back east...5 hours, chock full o' cryin' and screech-babbling. A very kind woman who was sitting next to the screaming baby was putting up with it for the duration of the flight, but as we were getting off the plane she screamed "let me out let me out let me OUT!" So, now... every time we hear the sweet sounds of the demon spawn, we quote our dear friend... "let me out... x3". And, as usual, your drawings are chez magnificent!